:: Upcoming Events
:: Latest News
ARTS COUNCIL FUNDING 2020
ARTS COUNCIL FUNDING 2018-2019 ANNOUNCED
Inishowen Carnival Group
c/o Millbrook Joinery,
Greenhills Road, Malin,
Tel: +353 (0)87 683 6478
The Inishowen Carnival Group aims to create a unique brand of performance and spectacle involving people of all ages and backgrounds. We aim to produce high quality carnival productions which create and support opportunities for community members to learn and develop artistic skills which will contribute to personal and community development
The Inishowen Carnival Group is a non profit making charity and limited company run by a voluntary board of directors with specific projects supported by a team of local volunteers. It was founded in 1996.
All performers are volunteers from communities across Inishowen and the North West of Ireland.
Community workshops, costume and prop making are facilitated by a team of local artists who are paid on a freelance basis with funding from specific commissions.
Special Commissions & Performances
- St Patricks Parade, Dublin 1996 - 2016
- Elemental (Ghost Dance) Culture Night Letterkenny 2016
- Foyle Halloween Carnival, Derry 2005-2016
- Opening Parade for All Ireland Fleadh, Derry August 2013
- Opening Ceremony World Police and Fire Games, Belfast 2013
- Magic Garden Installation Earagail Arts festival Letterkenny 2013, Derry St Pats Weekend 2014
- Percussion Boat: Dublin Tall Ships 2012, Derry Clipper Festival 2012, Belfast Maritime Festival 2014, Derry maritime Festival 2014, Belfast Tall Ships 2015, Heart of Ireland Festival 2015, Strabane Halloween Festival 2015
- Earagail Arts Festival Parade, Letterkenny 2009 - 2011
- St Patricks Parade London 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Lead Pageant St Patrick's Parade, Dublin 2008
- Liverpool 800 Anniversary Parade (August 2007)
- Flight of the Earls Spectacular, Rathmullan, Co. Donegal (Sept 2007)
- Finale Parade, Celtic European Festival of the Sea, Derry (June 2006)
- Premier Award Winners St Patrick's Parade, Dublin 2006
- The Opening of the Irish Special Olympics in Belfast (June 2006)
We are grateful to:
St Patricks Festival Dublin for commissioning our annual carnival productions.
The Arts Council of Ireland for supporting our Magic Garden project in 2013 and Elemental (Ghost Dance) project in 2016.
Donegal County Council for their contribution annually to our running costs and specific projects
All performers in Inishowen Carnival Group productions are volunteers from local communities across Inishowen, from Derry and from other parts of the North West. Current Board of Directors: Edward Doherty, Aidan Donegan, Kathleen Kelly (Treasurer), Elke Becker, Siobhan Shiels